To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the legalization of contraception in France (Neuwirth Law, December 19th, 1967), the members of the Junior Lab Contraception&Genre (Cité du Genre, HALL USPC) organized, in partnership with the National Institute for Demographic Studies (Ined), an international conference entitled “Gender and contraception: what kind of (r)evolutions?”.
The conference took place in Paris, at Sciences Po (28 rue des Saints Pères and 56 rue Jacob) and at the University Paris Descartes.
There was no fee to the conference but the registration is required and is limited in number.
The conference was organized in partnership with the National Institute for Demographic Studies (Ined) and with the support of several institutions:
- The Population and Development Center (Ceped)
- The Center of medical research, sciences, health, mental health and society (Cermes3)
- La Cité du Genre – department Humanities, Arts, Letters and Languages (HALL) – University Sorbonne Paris Cité (USPC)
- The School if High Studies in Social Sciences (EHESS) – Paris Sciences and Letters program (PSL)
- Inserm-Cesp U1018 Team Gender, Sexuality, Health
- The Interdisciplinary Reasearch Institut of Social Issues (IRIS)
- The Reasearch and teaching program about knowing on gender (PRESAGE)
- Sciences Po
- Santé publique France
- The University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
It also benefited from the IPOPS labex and the Marianne investment for the future label.